|>>> VERSION FRANÇAISE|
|Chemin du Pommier 5, C.P. 330, CH-1218 Le Grand-Saconnex/Geneva, Switzerland|
OF THE IPU COMMITTEE ON UNITED NATIONS AFFAIRS
Approved by the IPU Governing Council at its 182nd session
2. The Advisory Group will conduct investigations, including making field missions where necessary, and report thereon to the IPU Committee on United Nations Affairs. Reports will include, but not be restricted to, the following subject areas:
3. The members of the Advisory Group will be appointed ad personam by the IPU President after consultation with the IPU membership through the channel of the geopolitical groups. Members who are unable to attend meetings shall not appoint substitutes to serve in their place.
4. Membership of the Group will take account of the criteria of geographical and gender representation.
5. The list of current members of the Group is attached hereto. Their formal membership will be considered effective as of 1 April 2008.
Duration of term
6. The duration of the term of membership will be two years. The term is renewable once.
7. The Advisory Group will elect its chairperson for a period of two years.
8. In principle the Advisory Group will meet twice, and undertake one field mission, in the course of one year. The Group will hold further meetings during the year if exceptional circumstances so warrant.
9. The purpose of the field missions will be to report on the status of United Nations operations in the selected country and, in so doing, to review the degree to which the local parliament is involved in those operations, and conducts effective parliamentary oversight of them.
10. In the course of a field mission, the primary interlocutor of the Advisory Group will be the national parliament. The Advisory Group will normally seek to meet with the following persons: