|Parliament name (generic / translated)
||Parliament of Barbados / Parlement de Barbade
|Structure of parliament
||House of Assembly
|Related chamber (for bicameral parliaments)
||1 June 1971
Last amendment: 01/09/1990
|Mode of designation
||directly elected 30
||30 single-member constituencies.
Direct election. Simple majority vote.
Vacancies arising between general elections are filled through by-elections held within 90 days.
Voting is not compulsory.
||- age: 18 years
- Barbados citizenship (or Commonwealth citizenship if residence in the country for 3 years before elections)
- residence in a constituency for 3 months
- disqualifications: insanity, imprisonment, death sentence
- age: 21 years
- Barbados citizenship
- residence in the country for more than 7 years
- ineligibility: undischarged bankruptcy, allegiance to a foreign State, imprisonment exceeding 6 months, conviction of felony or of an offence involving dishonesty, electoral fraud
||- public officers
- members of armed or police forces
- director of public prosecutions
||- nomination by 4 electors
- deposit equivalent to US$ 125, reimbursed if the candidate is elected or obtains more than 1/6 of the total votes cast in the constituency.