|Structure of parliament
||House of Representatives
|Related chamber (for bicameral parliaments)
||29 March 1978
Last amendment: 7/7/1998
|Mode of designation
||directly elected 31
||31 single-member constituencies.
Direct election, simple-majority vote.
Vacancies arising between general elections are filled through by-elections.
Voting is not compulsory.
||- age: 18 years
- Belize or British Commonwealth citizens who are domiciled or have resided in the country for at least one year immediately before polling day.
- disqualifications: insanity, undischarged bankruptcy, electoral fraud, sentence to death or imprisonment exceeding one year
- age: 18 years
- Belize citizenship
- residence in the country for at least one year immediately prior to nomination.
- ineligibility: allegiance to a foreign State
||- election-connected offices
- membership of the armed or police forces
- government contractors