|Structure of parliament
||23 June 1981
Constitution (1983 No.881)
|Mode of designation
||directly elected 11
||11 single-member constituencies.
Simple majority vote.
Vacancies arising between general elections are filled through by-elections or appointment, according to the case.
Voting is not compulsory.
||- age: 18 years
- St. Kitts and Nevis citizenship (or British Commonwealth, if born in the country before independence).
- residence in the country for at least one year
- disqualifications: insanity, allegiance to a foreign State.
- age: 21 years
- St. Kitts and Nevis citizenship (or that of one parent) by birth
- residence in the country on the date of nomination for election or appointment
- ineligibility: undischarged bankrupts, persons under sentence of death or imprisonment exceeding 12 months, ministers of religion.
||- support of at least two electors from the constituency concerned
- deposit of a sum equivalent to US$ 55, which is reimbursed on obtaining at least 1/8 of votes cast in the constituency.