|Parliament name (generic / translated)
||Parlement / Parliament
|Structure of parliament
||3 July 2001
(n° 014-2001/AN) Last amendment: 10 April 2015
|Mode of designation
||directly elected 127
||- 1 multi-member (16 members) nationwide constituency.
- 45 multi-member (2 to 9 seats) constituencies corresponding to the country's provinces.
Party-list system with proportional representation of seats according to the simple electoral quotient and highest remainders.
Vacancies arising between general elections are filled by substitute members elected at the same time as titular Deputies unless vacancies arise in the second half of the term of the Assembly.
Voting is not compulsory.
||- age: 18 years
- Burkinabe by birth, naturalization or marriage
- disqualifications: criminal conviction, electoral fraud
||- qualified electors
- age: 21 years
- Burkinabe by birth (or naturalization, in which case 10 years must elapse before being elected,
- ineligibility: legal disability
||- ministerial functions
- all other public functions, except university lecturers and researchers in science and technology research centres as well as specialist physicians;
- heads of corporations, chairpersons of boards of directors, directors, managing directors, assistant managing directors or managers in the private sector.
- persons elected from the private sector are relieved of their functions during their parliamentary term.
||- candidatures must be submitted by political parties or groups or a grouping of independents at least 70 days prior to polling day
- deposit of CFA 50,000 per list, reimbursed if the list concerned obtains at least 10% of the votes cast