|Parliament name (generic / translated)
||Assemblée nationale / National Assembly
|Structure of parliament
||13 November 2013
(Loi nº 13-003) Last updated on 30 August 2015 (Decree)
|Mode of designation
||directly elected 140
||140 single-member constituencies.
||- Nationality of Central African Republic
- age: 18 years or over
- residence in constituency for 6 months or more
- citizens overseas who have been registered at the Embassy or Consulate in the host country for at least six months can vote
Disqualifications: conviction for crime; guardianship/ward
||- Nationality of the Central African Republic
- age: 25 years or over at the time of registration
- ineligibility: criminal conviction, undischarged bankruptcy, insanity, guardianship, imprisonment for certain offences, refusal to appear in court.
||- membership of government
- certain offices (prefect, sub-prefect, judge) held in the same constituency in the preceding two years
- officers of armed forces who have held a territorial command in the same constituency
||- candidature must be submitted at least 25 days prior to elections.
- simultaneous submission of name of substitute is required.
- candidature can be submitted by political parties without restriction.
- mandatory deposit of 100,000 CFA francs per candidate.
- deposit is fully reimbursed if the candidate obtains at least 10 per cent of valid votes in the constituency concerned.
- half the deposit is reimbursed if the candidate obtains more than 5 per cent but less than 10 per cent of valid votes.