||House of Assembly
|Structure of parliament
||16 July 1951
Last amendment: 1990
|Mode of designation
||directly elected 21
||21 single-member constituencies.
Direct election. Simple majority vote.
Vacancies of Representatives' seats between general elections are filled through by-elections, held within 3 months. Senators' seats are filled through appointment, also within 3 months.
Voting is not compulsory
||- age: 18 years
- British Commonwealth citizenship
- fulfilment of residence or domicile requirements
||- age: 21 years
- Dominican citizenship (Commonwealth citizenship for Senate candidates)
- residence in Dominica or previous 12 months' residence immediately before nomination
- sufficient ability to speak and read English
- ineligibility: allegiance to a foreign State, undischarged bankruptcy, insanity, death sentence or imprisonment exceeding 12 months
||- ministers of religion
- certain government contractors
||- deposit equivalent to US$ 184, which is reimbursed if the candidate obtains at least 1/8 of the valid votes cast in the constituency